2017 Yamaha RS Vector
Yamaha's Vector maintains a glittering reputation thanks to 3 main reasons. A reliable, over-achieving engine, innovative technologies like EPS and Tuner skis, and the ability to compete with any sled, even those out of its class. New for 2016, the Vector gets more technology with Yamaha's YCC-T engine management system for optimized fuel delivery while Fox FLOAT 3 XV rear shock and Yamaha's new 'Single Shot' Air 129 soften the ride.
- YAMAHA MID PERFORMANCE ENGINE: Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle, 3-Mode drive selection - Sport, Touring, Entry, Fuel-injected
- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING: Speed and Torque Sensitive, Better handling, Reduces rider fatigue
- YAMAHA TUNER SKIS: Dart reduction pattern, Multiple carbide set-up options
- YAMAHA ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle provides optimal air mixture for throttle position. D-mode controls fuel flow to allow for 3-Mode drive selection. Sport, Touring, and Entry Modes.
- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING: Industry exclusive Electric Power Steering drastically reduces steering effort and delivers unprecedented handling capabilities.
- GENESIS 120FI FOUR-STROKE ENGINE: Designed from the start to be the ultimate trail engine, the 120FI delivers simplicity, fuel economy, and great performance. The advanced fuel injection system automatically keeps it running at optimum output and fuel efficiency for the conditions.
- ADVANCED FUEL INJECTION: Yamaha's advanced fuel injection system controls fuel flow to the engine. Enjoy the engine's hassle-free, spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
- ENGINE BRAKING REDUCTION SYSTEM: The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders a smooth "coast" feeling when they release the throttle.
- TUNER SKIS: The addition of Yamaha's acclaimed Tuner Dual Keel skis greatly reduce darting and offer a wide range of carbide set-up options, from mild to aggressive pattern.
- INSTRUMENTATION: The digital gauge displays a wide variety of data, with standard readouts such as speed, engine RPM, dual trip meters and a clock, this gauge also has an oil trip readout which tracks when it's time for an oil change and fuel trip readout which displays how many miles you've gone since the fuel light came on.
- DUAL DC OUTLETS: One outlet is automotive-style outlet for cell phones, GPS or other electronic accessories, while the other is an RCA-style plug for heated helmet visors or other small-plug accessories.
- DELTABOX II CHASSIS: The primary design objective of the Deltabox II chassis was to create a comfortable rider-forward posture. The ergonomic treatment is achieved by locating the handlebars and seated position high and forward on the chassis. With this positioning, the rider can go from sitting to standing and back again easily and comfortably. It also further centralizes the combined mass of sled and driver, for razor-sharp handling.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Aluminium HPG shock absorbers. Provide plush, comfortable ride and are 20% lighter than previous shocks.
- SINGLESHOT REAR SUSPENSION: Yamaha's new SingleShot Rear suspension system is 10lbs lighter than the previous Vector rear. Fox FLOAT 3 XV Shock allows for not only lighter weight, but easy tuning and customization.
- 1.25" RIPSAW TRACK: A fully open / fully clipped 1.25" Ripsaw track to help prevent ratcheting and improve hyfax wear (each pitch has an open window with a metal guide clip on every rod).
- WINDSHIELD: Windshield, similar to that found on our acclaimed Apex, offers more protection from the elements while maintaining light weight.
- E.B.R.S. (Engine Braking Reduction System)
- Lightweight Magnesium head cover
- Fuel Trip: keeps track of mileage once fuel level is low
- Oil Trip: light reminds rider of oil changes
- Dual DC outlets
- Engine: 4 Stroke / Liquid cooled
- Cylinders: 3-Cylinder / 1049cc
- Bore And Stroke: 82.0mm x 66.2mm
- Intake Design: 2 Valves
- Fuel Delivery: YCCT, 41mm Mikuni fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital T.C.I. w/T.P.S.
- Exhaust: 2 Valves, Rear Exhaust
- Clutch/Transmission: YVXC
- Disc Brake Type: 2 Piston Hydraulic, Ventilated Disc
- Electric Start/Dc Output: Standard / Automotive & RCA
- Reverse: Standard
- Suspension (Front): Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: 36mm KYB® Aluminum HPG
- Front Travel: 8.5" (216mm)
- Ski Type: Tuner
- Suspension (Rear): SingleShot 129
- Rear Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® 3 XV
- Rear Travel: 11.8" (300mm)
- Yamaha Performance Damper: N/A
- Length: 118.7" (3015mm)
- Width: 47.3" (1202mm)
- Height: 47.6" (1210mm)
- Track (Wxlxh): 15 X 129 X 1.25" (381 x 3269 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- Ski Stance C To C: 42.5" (1080mm)
- Fuel Capacity (L): 34.6
- Hand And Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Heated Seat: N/A
- Headlights: 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Electric Power Steering: Standard
- Colour(S): Yamaha Blue
- Simplicity: While other plans can confuse you with deductibles, unexpected limits on mileage, parts coverage and claim paperwork hassles, our factory-backed Yamaha Protection Plus gives you bullet-proof protection from the unexpected. And it's as easy to understand and use as your Yamaha factory warranty.
- Protection From Expensive Repair Bills: Yamaha Protection Plus will be there, whether your repair expense is a few dollars or a few thousand.
- No Deductible to Pay - Ever: Under the Yamaha Protection Plus program, Yamaha picks up the entire cost of parts and labour to repair every applicable mechanical defect.
- Yamaha Protection Plus Takes Over Where Your Factory Warranty Leaves Off: Yamaha's computerized warranty system is updated as soon as you buy coverage, so Yamaha Protection Plus takes over automatically -- and immediately -- when your factory warranty expires. You can even get Yamaha Protection Plus coverage on many pre-owned Yamaha models.
- Added Value for Your Yamaha: Your Yamaha Protection Plus warranty is transferable, increasing the value of your Yamaha if you decide to sell or trade it in.
- No Claim Forms: Since we already know your Yamaha, you don't have to fill out claim forms. Your Yamaha Protection Plus coverage information is available to every authorized Yamaha dealer nationwide.
- Affordable Options: You can purchase years of our Yamaha Protection Plus coverage for a fraction of what a single major repair could cost you. We offer you the option to use the Yamaha Power Finance or loan Credit Card Program to purchase coverage. Just talk to your Yamaha dealer to discuss your options.
- Real Peace of Mind: With Yamaha Protection Plus, Yamaha is ready to step in to make any needed repairs (excluding those repairs due to normal wear or aging) using genuine parts and factory authorized service for the full duration of your coverage.
- YAMAHA PROTECTION PLUS DOES NOT COVER FAILURES RESULTING FROM: Commercial or Rental Usage, Racing or competition, Modification of original parts, Installation or use of non-authorized parts or accessories, Use of lubricants, oil and fuel oil mixture other than those recommended in the owner's manual, Accidents or collision or theft damage, Submersion, Fire, Appearance related damage - scratches, dents, fading, flaking, peeling, Normal wear and tear or lack of maintenance, Abuse or neglect, Improper storage, Corrosion, Operated on surfaces not covered with sufficient snow
- THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE NOT COVERED: Drive belts, Skis, ski wear rods and ski skins, Sliders, tracks, track clips, Batteries, Oil, lubes, filters, spark plugs, Light bulbs, sealed beams and fuses, High tension cables, Seat and/or covers, Idler wheels and bearings, Brake pads, Drive chain and sprockets, Primary clutch tuning parts, Secondary clutch tuning parts, Body, windshield and other cosmetic parts, 20,000 km mileage limit *
- Engine Type
- 4 Stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 82.0mm x 66.2mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid cooled
- Brake Type
- 2 Piston Hydraulic, Ventilated Disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 8.5 in. (216mm)
- Rear Suspension
- SingleShot 129
- Rear Travel
- 11.8 in. (300mm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (1080mm)
- Track Dimensions
- 15 X 129 X 1.25 in. (381 x 3269 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 34.6 L
- Yamaha Blue
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers