2017 Yamaha Sidewinder L-TX LE
Sidewinder L-TX LE
- SIDE MOUNT TURBO: Centralized mass, Instant response, Compact design
- YSRC PRIMARY CLUTCH: Stable RPM, Higher strength, Excellent V-belt durability
- FOX 1.5 ZERO QS3R KASHIMA SHOCKS: Fully adjustable damping, Consistent, coil spring performance, Compliant and progressive
- Genesis 998 Turbo 4-stroke: The base of the Genesis 998T is the over-achieving Genesis® triple. Already renowned for pulling consistently hard from takeoff to top end, the factory-installed Turbo takes it to next level status while maintaining Yamaha's reputation for quality, durability and reliability.
- High Quality Turbo-Charger: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by top grade, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong
- Yamaha-Mitsubishi ECU: The Yamaha Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit (ECU) uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data and computes using its predetermined memory 'map'. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance - reliably.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Each cylinder has its own throttle body located as close as possible to the intake valves. This unique design offers immediate throttle response when combined with the efficient turbo and air bypass system.
- ABV - Air Bypass Valve: Unlike regular blow-off valves, the ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration.
- Liquid Cooled Turbo Body: Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control temperature. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo components.
- Engine Braking Control: The effect of 4-stroke 'engine braking' when the throttle valves are closed has a significant impact on handling and ride character. Yamaha developed a special system which employs the ISC (idle speed control) circuit and ECU map using throttle valve movement and RPM information to reduce negative intake pressure during deceleration.
- Coated Aluminum Cylinders: The lightweight aluminum block has ceramic composite plating applied directly to the cylinder wall to eliminate the need for a steel cylinder sleeve and in doing so ensures excellent abrasion resistance and cooling performance
- Press Forged Crank Shaft: A specialized press method manufacturing process is adopted (forging process without twisting of the metal) to provide the needed strength to the crankshaft assembly to withstand the additional stress produced within a 'boosted' engine.
- High Strength Connecting Rods: Special, light weight, hardened steel connecting rod design has the optimum strength required to produce maximum power. New 'carburized' steel connecting rod uses nutted studs to join the close tolerance, machined faced, big-end. Special 'Defric' coating applied for cold start protection and to maximize reliability.
- Forged Pistons: The forged aluminum pistons are formed without melting the original aluminum stock, so they retain the strength of the original solidification structure, which enables the design of a lighter piston. This lightweight piston contributes to better 'pick-up' or 'response' while also reducing vibration.
- Piston Cooling: The new engine features a unique piston oil cooling system. Oil is sprayed directly at the underside of the pistons through special jets to help cool and lubricate them.
- Forged Cam Shafts: The Yamaha cam shaft is forged from a solid bar then machined to its final finish and a special heat treatment is applied. This produces a very lightweight and durable component capable of maintaining high RPMs.
- Counter Balancer: The advantage of the reduction in vibration is realized in multiple benefits for both the vehicle and the operator adding greater running stability with less rider fatigue.
- YSRC Roller Secondary Clutch: The new reverse cam secondary features roller cam followers to reduce friction and special hi efficiency casting designs to improve aerodynamic power loss and reduce temperature. Sheave casting strength is improved to handle the higher horsepower and drive ratio is increased for wider speed range allowing the use of lower final gears.
- YSRC Primary Clutch: New 'YSRC' primary clutch is designed for high horsepower with greater Strength improved efficiency and enhanced cooling ability.
- Fuel injection: Yamaha's advanced fuel injection system controls fuel flow to the engine for spot-on performance and throttle response.
- Multi-purpose magnesium chaincase: The Sidewinder chain case and cover serve as both a mounting point for chassis spars and the engine's oil reservoir. Lightweight magnesium construction minimizes weight.
- High performance Hayes Brake system: The Sidewinder's high performance Hayes brake system delivers stopping power with a large-diameter, 8-inch rotor. Mounted low on the drive shaft, you feel immediate whoa-power with a quick stab of the brake. The hydraulic brake's race-inspired radial master cylinder design gives you excellent leverage when needed, with precise brake feel and control.
- 15 x 137 x 1.25-inch Camoplast® Rip Saw? II track: The Sidewinder L-TX LE uses the extraordinary Camoplast® Ripsaw II? track, measuring 15 by 137 inches, with 1.25-inch lugs. This evolutionary lightweight track design is the next stage of close collaboration between Yamaha and Camoplast. It features a durable single-ply design with next-generation lug pattern. The Ripsaw II has been designed to offer increased controlled lateral slide, allowing the Sidewinder to set up for the corner better while scrubbing off energy to keep both skis on the ground. The result is improved handling without the loss of straight line traction.
- Lightweight, rigid SRV chassis: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- SRV Front suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bumpsteer and maximized cornering bite and rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The a-arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide a-arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- Centralized mass design: The SRV chassis layout was engineered with the goal of centralizing mass. Approximately 60 percent of the sled's weight is tightly centered within the main triangulation. The result is a quick-handling sled that's fun in a wide variety of conditions.
- Gen3 Tuner Skis: The latest version of the Yamaha Tuner Ski is lighter and designed for improved handling response. A wide selection of carbides can be combined to dial the Tuner to fit any riding style. Replaceable ski tips are available in multiple colours for additional customization.
- Adjustable ski stance: The ski rubbers on the Sidewinder are asymmetrical, with a portion of the part serving as a spacer for the ski. This allows riders to adjust the ski stance on the Sidewinder from 42 to 43 inches, centre to centre, by simply switching the ski rubbers from left to right, and right to left.
- Over-the-engine steering: The straight steering post on the Sidewinder is configured over the engine. It connects to a single bell crank for simplicity and light weight. The design also minimizes freeplay in the steering system and delivers a tight turning radius.
- Tall, hooked handlebars: To match the Sidewinder's tall and forward riding position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- FOX 1.5 ZERO QS3R KASHIMA Front Suspension: The absolute top of the line shocks with separate damping adjusters for compression and rebound, remote reservoir and special Kashima coating for smooth feel and extreme durability.
- Dual Shock SR137 'Race' Rear Suspension: The Sidewinder R-TX LE's 1.5" centre and rear 2" FOX ZERO QS3R shocks with KASHIMA coat give the best suspension performance available in stock trim.
- With a half-inch to slide freely under acceleration and deceleration, thanks to a unique front arm slotted mount design, the Dual Shock SR suspension keeps the track planted for maximum grip under full throttle or full braking.: The rear axle features a conjoined rear wheelset. The ingenious design is lighter, more durable and more rigid than most traditional rear axle wheels.
- Tapered tunnel design: The Sidewinder's two-piece, tapered tunnel gives you strength for the long haul and a tapered "fit" for enhanced leg comfort and overall ride positioning.
- Large fuel tank: The Sidewinder's generous 37-litre fuel tank serves more purposes than just carrying a day's worth of fuel. It also cradles the battery and is the platform for the quick-release trail seat.
- Tall, sculpted seat: The seat foam on the Sidewinder is anatomically designed to comfortably put the rider in an aggressive posture with easy transitions from seated to standing to leaning into a corner.
- Digital gauge: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach and more. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- Push button reverse: Convenient handlebar positioning makes getting in reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Sidewinder with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Heated Trail Seat: Ergonomically designed for excellent rider mobility and comfort, the addition of an electric heated seat pad gives extra comfort on those long days in the saddle.
- Engine: Turbo 4 Stroke / Liquid cooled
- Cylinders: 3-Cylinder / 998cc
- Bore And Stroke: 82.0 x 66.2mm
- Fuel Delivery: 41mm MIKUNI, Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Disc Brake Type: Radial Master Cylinder Hydraulic
- Electric Start/Dc Output: Standard / Automotive
- Reverse: Push Button
- Suspension (Front): SRV
- Front Shocks: Fox ® 1.5 ZeroTM QS3R with Kashima Coat®
- Front Travel: 10" (254mm)
- Ski Type: Tuner III
- Suspension (Rear): Dual Shock SR 137 Race
- Rear Shocks: Fox ® 1.5 ZeroTM QS3R with Kashima Coat® / Fox® 2.0 ZeroTM QS3R with Kashima Coat®
- Rear Travel: 13.5" (343mm)
- Yamaha Performance Damper: N/A
- Length: 125" (3175mm)
- Width: 48" (1219mm)
- Track (Wxlxh): 15 x 137 x 1.25" (381 x 3480 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- Ski Stance C To C: 42-43" (1067 - 1092mm) adjustable
- Fuel Capacity (L): 37
- Hand And Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Heated Seat: Standard
- Headlights: LED
- Seating Capacity: 1
- Electric Power Steering: N/A
- Colour(S): Yamaha Blue, Heat Red / White
Yamaha Protection Plus (YPP)
- Simplicity: While other plans can confuse you with deductibles, unexpected limits on mileage, parts coverage and claim paperwork hassles, our factory-backed Yamaha Protection Plus gives you bullet-proof protection from the unexpected. And it's as easy to understand and use as your Yamaha factory warranty.
- Protection From Expensive Repair Bills: Yamaha Protection Plus will be there, whether your repair expense is a few dollars or a few thousand.
- No Deductible to Pay - Ever: Under the Yamaha Protection Plus program, Yamaha picks up the entire cost of parts and labour to repair every applicable mechanical defect.
- Yamaha Protection Plus Takes Over Where Your Factory Warranty Leaves Off: Yamaha's computerized warranty system is updated as soon as you buy coverage, so Yamaha Protection Plus takes over automatically -- and immediately -- when your factory warranty expires. You can even get Yamaha Protection Plus coverage on many pre-owned Yamaha models.
- Added Value for Your Yamaha: Your Yamaha Protection Plus warranty is transferable, increasing the value of your Yamaha if you decide to sell or trade it in.
- No Claim Forms: Since we already know your Yamaha, you don't have to fill out claim forms. Your Yamaha Protection Plus coverage information is available to every authorized Yamaha dealer nationwide.
- Affordable Options: You can purchase years of our Yamaha Protection Plus coverage for a fraction of what a single major repair could cost you. We offer you the option to use the Yamaha Power Finance or loan Credit Card Program to purchase coverage. Just talk to your Yamaha dealer to discuss your options.
- Real Peace of Mind: With Yamaha Protection Plus, Yamaha is ready to step in to make any needed repairs (excluding those repairs due to normal wear or aging) using genuine parts and factory authorized service for the full duration of your coverage.
YPP For Snowmobiles
- YAMAHA PROTECTION PLUS DOES NOT COVER FAILURES RESULTING FROM: Commercial or Rental Usage, Racing or competition, Modification of original parts, Installation or use of non-authorized parts or accessories, Use of lubricants, oil and fuel oil mixture other than those recommended in the owner's manual, Accidents or collision or theft damage, Submersion, Fire, Appearance related damage - scratches, dents, fading, flaking, peeling, Normal wear and tear or lack of maintenance, Abuse or neglect, Improper storage, Corrosion, Operated on surfaces not covered with sufficient snow
- THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE NOT COVERED: Drive belts, Skis, ski wear rods and ski skins, Sliders, tracks, track clips, Batteries, Oil, lubes, filters, spark plugs, Light bulbs, sealed beams and fuses, High tension cables, Seat and/or covers, Idler wheels and bearings, Brake pads, Drive chain and sprockets, Primary clutch tuning parts, Secondary clutch tuning parts, Body, windshield and other cosmetic parts, 20,000 km mileage limit *
- Engine Type
- Turbo 4 Stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 82.0 x 66.2mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid cooled
- Brake Type
- Radial Master Cylinder Hydraulic
- Front Suspension
- Front Travel
- 10 in. (254mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shock SR 137 Race
- Rear Travel
- 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Ski Type
- Tuner III
- Ski Stance
- 42-43 in. (1067 - 1092mm) adjustable
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 137 x 1.25 in. (381 x 3480 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- Fuel Capacity
- 37 L
- Yamaha Blue, Heat Red / White
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push Button